Anyone else noticed a change in FormicPro?

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Wellington
Experience
Hobbyist
Recently I purchased a box of FormicPro as previously I have had good results. However this batch does not appear to have the same potency. Upon opening the packet I was not blown away by the normal nasal clearing stench of the formic acid in the pad. The paper wrapper which is normally moist to touch was dry and the pad did not have its normal softness. I have raised this with the supplying company and they have assured me that the manufacturer says the formice levels within the pad are normal.

Has anyone else had a batch of FormicPro where it doesn't seem to be it normal self?

Attachments

• 20231005_164822.jpg
    20231005_164822.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231005_164815.jpg
    20231005_164815.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 8

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Can't answer that as I do not use that product, but one has to wonder how, without looking at it, the manufacturer would know "formic levels within the pad are normal".

Reactions: Eeb Evih
Waikato
Experience
Semi Commercial
Recently I purchased a box of FormicPro as previously I have had good results. However this batch does not appear to have the same potency. Upon opening the packet I was not blown away by the normal nasal clearing stench of the formic acid in the pad. The paper wrapper which is normally moist to touch was dry and the pad did not have its normal softness. I have raised this with the supplying company and they have assured me that the manufacturer says the formice levels within the pad are normal.

Has anyone else had a batch of FormicPro where it doesn't seem to be it normal self?
I have been informed by one of the suppliers that the formula has been changed and, like you said, it is not clearing your nasal. It should not be so hard on the bees as it used to be in the past where the bees will hang outside the hives after application. We are planning on using it just after harvest so llet me know how you go.

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
The active ingredient and percentages should be listed on the packaging. That would tell you if it’s now weaker

Reactions: Alastair