Hacking Tutu down ?

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Gisborne Tairawhiti
Experience
Researcher
a good bloke. Unfortunately he won't be staying at my place again . . .he pointed out a little too much tutu (that I had missed) for my liking. (No, welcome anytime)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gisborne Tairawhiti
Experience
Researcher
Yes, a joke. We've only been in our new place for a few months (bush around us) and I hadn't seen all the tutu that Martin spotted. Had me concerned for a brief instant until I realise all the stuff around for bees. I may chop the odd random plant out though @yesbut

Reactions: yesbut
Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial
Yes, a joke. We've only been in our new place for a few months (bush around us) and I hadn't seen all the tutu that Martin spotted. Had me concerned for a brief instant until I realise all the stuff around for bees. I may chop the odd random plant out though @yesbut
You could go grab some branches leaves and soak in a hot bath when running it, pull them out before you hop in and don't put your head under,
my BIL swears by it to deal to his aches and pains.
Disclaimer; I take no responsibility for any death, convulsions, scaldings, sickness, or euphoria if no death, convulsions, injury, or scalding are noticed.

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Just incase anyone decides to follow suit, people who have been poisoned by tutin can often have neurological damage that is irreversible

Gisborne Tairawhiti
Experience
Researcher
We had a beekeeper who gave himself a good dose a few years back . . I understand he managed to tell the hospital what it was before he passed out. Another beekeeper decided to do a very light touch to his lips to see if he could 'taste' it. He learned two things - no he couldn't taste it and two, his lips were tingling so he'd better stop.