Sourcing drums

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
canterbury
Experience
Commercial
So ..... we is busy as bees . All our mates have been chasing the Manuka, and I think it fizzed. So we have been shagging the donkey with access to empty sites and clover going ballistic, Kamahi has done it's thing and the Rata doing very nicely , Thankyou.
The only issue we have is drums.
We ordered 120 drums off Visypak last week, were a bit slow in paying the invoice, and they sold the drums on us . So now have to wait in line while they crank up another production run , which is'nt ideal when you have 3000 litres of granulating honey sitting in the bulk tank.
Sometimes this country is very backward in coming forward.

North Canterbury
Experience
Commercial
Good to see you made it over to the new site.. maybe ordering drums a week ago is leaving things just a tad late.. I know you love livin life by the seat of ya pants but “maaate, these things take time” (speights ad)

• Haha
Reactions: southbee
canterbury
Experience
Commercial
Now here's a funny thing .....
We ordered drums from the drum factory a while ago, and they sold them on us, so I had to wait a week while they made more.
I picked them up yesterday.
So asked the nice lady in the office what the difference was ?
The thing is she said , milk powder drums and honey drums have the same liners. The only difference is that honey drums come on a pallet of four, while milk powder drums come on eights.
OMG.
Next time we'll get milk powder drums.

Reactions: Beepbop