AFB.org

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist
..is the website for American Foul Brood National Pest Management Plan. ..AFBNPMP. The site explains who the board members are, and why the Plan exists, and how it is to operate.
I cannot find anything there that explains how the board is appointed, where it's authority comes from, who it answers to, and where it's funding comes from.

• Agree
Reactions: Morporks

Morporks

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
You will not find any legal direction on how the board is appointed anywhere because it does not exist

The Place to look is order in council order for the AFB PMP
I have snipped the paragraph out of the version on the AFB website. I believe it has been updated to now read ApiNZ

The legal board of the AFB PMP is the ApiNZ board.
APiNZ has delegated its authority to the AFB board by using the Governance document which was set up when, Stephen Black (who was on the Exec), raised concerns that the AFB Board, was operating with no oversite from the Management agency (The NBA) IE Frans resigned from the NBA Board but continued to run the AFB Board without oversite

There is no doubt because it is clear in the laws of NZ that ApiNZ board is the controlling group of the AFB PMP !!! 1649186826444.png

1649186176972.png

Last edited:
Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial
Stephen Black (who was on the Exec), raised concerns that the AFB Board, was operating with no oversite from the Management agency (The NBA) IE Frans resigned from the NBA Board but continued to run the AFB Board without oversite
The levy payers can thank APINZ that when we came into existence that we tidied this up, and now have proper oversight and connection and a hands off approach from day to day running of the plan, but still take responsibility to make sure the plan is run according to the legislation. There were a few things that the NBA board did well, but there were also some things they didn't, and as board member at that time it is good to see and be a small part in tidying those things up.
Now if beekeepers could just deal with their AFB properly it would be great to see the AFB PMP not needed to exist.

tommy dave

Gold
BOP Club
mostly wellington, sometimes dunedin
Experience
Hobbyist
The levy payers can thank APINZ that when we came into existence that we tidied this up, and now have proper oversight and connection and a hands off approach from day to day running of the plan.
I have some minor gripes with API NZ, but the way it relates to the AFB management plan is not one of them.

My impression is that the execution of AFB stuff is better now than five years ago. And continuing to improve. Cost recovery, cancelling deca and charging, targeted checks based on factors including AFB testing of honey for sale, etc = all great things in my eyes.

It feels as though one or a few beekeepers who weren't managing AFB appropriately got caught out, and are upset. Nil sympathy there. Also feels like there are personalities, grudges, and history at play - and I have no idea on what or who might be right in that front

Morporks

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
Inappropriate language
The levy payers can thank APINZ that when we came into existence that we tidied this up, and now have proper oversight and connection and a hands off approach from day to day running of the plan, but still take responsibility to make sure the plan is run according to the legislation. There were a few things that the NBA board did well, but there were also some things they didn't, and as board member at that time it is good to see and be a small part in tidying those things up.
Now if beekeepers could just deal with their AFB properly it would be great to see the AFB PMP not needed to exist.
Bollocks

• Chill Out
Reactions: Alastair

Mummzie

Staff member
Tasman
Experience
Hobbyist
this does nothing to explain your cause. Its pretty clear you don't agree with something- but just what ? and why?
This is a discussion format. Explain you case, and if you wish to refute something- give an explanation why you cant agree.
Or just give it a rest.

Morporks

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
this does nothing to explain your cause. Its pretty clear you don't agree with something- but just what ? and why?
This is a discussion format. Explain you case, and if you wish to refute something- give an explanation why you cant agree.
Or just give it a rest.
Thanks for the suggestion but I am quite happy that my comment explains it all

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist
Thanks for the suggestion but I am quite happy that my comment explains it all
It may satisfy you but as has been pointed out does nothing to add value to the forum.
Yes. I believe it does...
And similar with this response. It seems to be fashionable for folk to spit & snarl without the tiniest effort or hint of a fix. Or in this case, give the rest of us on here any bloomin idea of what the issue is. It's disrespectful and I've had enough.

• Agree
Reactions: Grant and Mummzie
Status
Not open for further replies.