Apiary Diary February 2022

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
canterbury
Experience
Commercial
Doh. I did a similar thing on Thurs. A stack of supers came off trailer. Luckily only damaged a couple of boxes.
How many hives did you loose?
Just two pallets.
We used to have trailer …. But it was a bumpy ride for bees and boxes…. An airbagged trailer would be nice.

maungaturoto
Experience
Commercial
Just two pallets.
We used to have trailer …. But it was a bumpy ride for bees and boxes…. An airbagged trailer would be nice.
air bag trailers are available. really common over in oz. also available with equalizing suspension (for dual axle), however i have yet to see a proper shock absorber setup on an equalizing tandem.

canterbury
Experience
Commercial
air bag trailers are available. really common over in oz. also available with equalizing suspension (for dual axle), however i have yet to see a proper shock absorber setup on an equalizing tandem.
The airbagged trailers are quite expensive….75k. ….. MAN has airbags …. So smooth when Girl left her can of V on the back and it was still there 60 ks down the road.

tommy dave

Gold
BOP Club
mostly wellington, sometimes dunedin
Experience
Hobbyist
I'd be pulling my hair out (whats left of it) if I had that much crop to deal with.
gave a 20litre bucket to a mead-making mate of mine.
my sister has a bucket with a honey gate on it and is handing out honey to her friends, refilling it from the ten litre honey buckets as required. .
gave five litres to the ex-beekeepers i bought the electric extractor from. Managed to get the details of the beekeeper with hives across the road from mine up in taranaki, the one whose hives were destroyed by stock in autumn/winter - now replaced and electric fenced off. Don't know whether he got a crop, if not he might also take some honey. But, yeah, it's a bit to get rid of...

also, you'll be pleased to hear that i'm back on pension contribution duty from this coming week after my five month break of spending not earning...

Reactions: yesbut