Resource icon

APiNZ AFB board minutes 2021 2021

No permission to download
Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenB

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
StephenB submitted a new resource:

APiNZ AFB board minutes 2021 - OIA request results

Attached is a copy of 2021 ApiNZ board minutes in relation to the AFB PMP obtained under a OIA request. This means that these minutes are a public document

Nothing exciting here but if you are interested to how the governance of the AFB PMP is carried out it might be interesting

I have also been given the the governance reports which are on the AFB website

Read more about this resource...

Morporks

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
Just like some people like to poke the back for there throat because they can I suppose some people like to see that good governance practices are in place

And if you are not interested you don't have to look

Gisborne Tairawhiti
Experience
Researcher
Just like some people like to poke the back for there throat because they can I suppose some people like to see that good governance practices are in place

And if you are not interested you don't have to look
Whether or not I swab my throat, has no financial effect on other people who may choose to get tested. OIAs regarding AFB affect all beekeepers. Who do you think pays for it?
And your last point may also refer to swabbing throat . . . . :)

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: Grant and Alastair
Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
I have had a look at the document posted in this thread, and have some questions:

What is the % of those who have completed their ADR?

What is an AP9?

What does this mean? - "a revised governance document noting some inconsistencies in the name of the Management agency".

My thoughts to the last question is that these days there are so many changes in agency names, along with acronym changes, that people are so snowed down with these changes they are in overload, and just can't remember whatever the latest name or acronym change is.

Morporks

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
Whether or not I swab my throat, has no financial effect on other people who may choose to get tested. OIAs regarding AFB affect all beekeepers. Who do you think pays for it?
All beekeepers have a right to know the AFB PMP is being governed correctly. The need to use a OIA request on governance matters show that the governors are not doing their job.
All Beekeepers have a right to view minutes of governance meetings. The governors of the AFB PMP know this ! They should be ensuring the minutes of meetings are made available without the need for a OIA request.

If you don't want to know the answer don't ask the question

• Agree
Reactions: bighands

Morporks

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
I have had a look at the document posted in this thread, and have some questions:

What is an AP9?

What does this mean? - "a revised governance document noting some inconsistencies in the name of the Management agency".

My thoughts to the last question is that these days there are so many changes in agency names, along with acronym changes, that people are so snowed down with these changes they are in overload, and just can't remember whatever the latest name or acronym change is.
If you go to Board Meeting Summary Minutes | The Management Agency, National American Foulbrood Pest Management Plan New Zealand and trawl the reports I think you will get your figures

StephenB

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
Back in 2017 I asked for the ApiNZ minutes in relation to the AFB PMP. The rely I got from Karen was they didnt discuss AFB matters at the APiNZ board meetings. That got me really worried because ApiNZ is the manager of the PMP. I also have emails from Karen stating that the advice given to them by their lawyers was they were not covered by the OIA act. The ombudsman disagreed.

Have I wasted Levy payers money by forcing ApiNZ to comply with NZ law ? Or maybe ApiNZ didnt want to comply with the law and wasted levy payers money on lawyers trying to find ways out of complying ?

JohnF I am sure you would want a PMP where the governors are happy prove their integrity

Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial

What is an AP9?

Go to the AFB website all the info there.

All beekeepers have a right to know the AFB PMP is being governed correctly. The need to use a OIA request on governance matters show that the governors are not doing their job.
All Beekeepers have a right to view minutes of governance meetings. The governors of the AFB PMP know this ! They should be ensuring the minutes of meetings are made available without the need for a OIA request.

If you don't want to know the answer don't ask the question
Go to the AFB website all the info there,

• Agree
Reactions: Alastair
Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
Only too happy to read the AFB website, but it's got lots of links. If one of the previous posties would post the pertinent link that would be good. Thanks

Reactions: Grant
Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
I asked three innocent questions that I expected at least one of the previous posters to be able to answer. I am not interested in the politics of whoever can answer them.

Reactions: bighands

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Have I wasted Levy payers money by forcing ApiNZ to comply with NZ law ? Or maybe ApiNZ didnt want to comply with the law and wasted levy payers money on lawyers trying to find ways out of complying ?

The former

Status
Not open for further replies.