Bankruptcies and Liquidations

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
"Loss-making honey returns are sending shockwaves through the industry from corporate board rooms to family-owned enterprises, with beekeepers abandoning hives, businesses liquidated and operations shut down".

Nz
Experience
Retired
I am sat here in an English country garden. It is mid summer and there is colour galore with blooms and blossom..z but the air is quiet… just te steady hum of motorway traffic . There is no buzz of bee industry because there are no bees ….what did Einstein say about that…?
IMG_9350.jpegIMG_9283.jpeg

Nz
Experience
Retired
Hmmm … The missothat was sold it and bought herself a new 4x4 …yah kno how it is…. I don’t plan on coming back in a Hurry🤣🤣

Nz
Experience
Retired
Ummmm…. Sort of….posessions are funny things… we get used to them, we treasure them and in the end they define us.
I ws gutted when I saw my BEEBOS number plate up for grbs on trademe….it was like my soul was up for sale….
I lived for two years in the Himalaya quite a few years ago, in a small village a weeks walk from the bus stop. When I left I carried a small backpack and left everything else for the newbee who was taking on my contract. When I closed the door and swung the daypack on my back to catch the bus…. It was the most exhilirating feeling.
We are born with nothing and we leave with nothing.
When we find peace in our souls… that is priceless!

Nz
Experience
Retired
Its interesting… mind you the uk imports almost 70% of its food…. The most beehives I saw down through Europe were in Turkey and The Balkans….I met the bee club working these bees one saturday morning, but I had to pay the club £5 and join online so that their H&S responsibilities were filled… so I never got to discuss the state of play👀
The sad fact with the UK now is that one almost has to be a millionaire to buy vegetables….
IMG_9411.jpeg