Bee-io

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
"Israeli FoodTech company Bee-io Honey has begun scaling up development of its cultured honey production system, which aims to produce hundreds of kilograms of honey per week – without the involvement of bees".

I'm OK with it, just, they shouldn't call it honey.

The name Bee-io is also misleading as the product has nothing to do with bees.

They also claim to have a secret process to extract 100's of kilos of nectar from plants. Whatever they are collecting, I do not believe it is genuine nectar. Genuine nectar is excreted in tiny amounts in the bottom of flowers. I don't believe there is an industrial process that could harvest genuine, naturally made nectar in the hundreds of kilos.

While the article talks about the demise of the bee and the need to make artificial honey, it ignores the fact that the biggest value by far of bees to humanity is not the honey they make, but the pollination they do.

Takapuna
Experience
Hobbyist
"Israeli FoodTech company Bee-io Honey has begun scaling up development of its cultured honey production system, which aims to produce hundreds of kilograms of honey per week – without the involvement of bees".

I'm OK with it, just, they shouldn't call it honey.

The name Bee-io is also misleading as the product has nothing to do with bees.

They also claim to have a secret process to extract 100's of kilos of nectar from plants. Whatever they are collecting, I do not believe it is genuine nectar. Genuine nectar is excreted in tiny amounts in the bottom of flowers. I don't believe there is an industrial process that could harvest genuine, naturally made nectar in the hundreds of kilos.

While the article talks about the demise of the bee and the need to make artificial honey, it ignores the fact that the biggest value by far of bees to humanity is not the honey they make, but the pollination they do.
That just leads right in there with the ''sun fed chicken and all the other fake meats'' being produced by Bill Gates et alia. As ''US CONSPIRITY THEORISTS''** say is the game of the NWO who say by 2030 we will own nothing and be happy.... AND eat only a mouthful of real animal meat a month.
**I am referring to myself here - who being one all my life, converted 700 acres near Cambridge to ORGANIC status in 1983 and carried 30% more stock by growing 30% more grass than my conventional peers with the same per head production.... Then planted a 400 acre forest that yielded 200% carbon ''The FMA tables show about 200% improvement over the default tables. This will continue to show good results in the years ahead as the yield rate is maintained at a high level into future years. To summarize, total units claimed to date are 14,430 NZU and total due for 2008-2012 are ....'' quote from my forestry measuring man Dr. Murray McClintock | Director - Carbon Projects.
I have evidence of my pastoral farming claim above if anyone wishes.