Beekeeping musings

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
canterbury
Experience
Commercial
Hi @James, are you clearing your honey stock pile now or are you just adding to it and getting cash from another source to pay the bills?
Morning Hector . We've shipped out a bit of honey lately .....almost ten tonne and are waiting the buyers decision as to whether it is up to their specs . If not I guess I'l bring it home. Having said that, we've extracted twice that amount in the last three weeks, so yes, I guess the stockpile is building again in the shed.
Cashflow has been fuelled by deer velvet sales and cattle that had been held over due to Covid.

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist
Do I detect another potential thread here....manuka vs deer velvet as bonafide health supplements ?

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
Do I detect another potential thread here....manuka vs deer velvet as bonafide health supplements ?
Just one? :eek:

@James I love your musing, but the randomness of it makes it very hard to keep the diary (whats going on in your hives) clear. You literally need to please post a new topic every time. I want to keep this positive and allow it to flow, because its enjoyed by the members, but it needs to be in the correct place please. We're having to interact with every post you make and I don't want it to annoy you, when you could avoid it with a little forethought. (y)

Last edited:
North Canterbury
Experience
Commercial
P.S dear @James please harness your creative spirit into a size 7 shoebox..
also I have around 3/4 ton of Manuka flavoured weed killer should you require any for sour pasture up there in your patch..
Will require some thinning with warm water before attempting to pass it through your spray rig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailabee

BOP Club
North Auckland
Experience
Hobbyist
Just one? :eek:

@James I love your musing, but the randomness of it makes it very hard to keep the diary (whats going on in your hives) clear. You literally need to please post a new topic every time. I want to keep this positive and allow it to flow, because its enjoyed by the members, but it needs to be in the correct place please. We're having to interact with every post you make and I don't want it to annoy you, when you could avoid it with a little forethought. (y)
How about @James has his own thread - a bit like the one Goran often adds to about his adventures. I think James one could well exceed the ox/gly thread for content in length and popularity.

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
How about @James has his own thread - a bit like the one Goran often adds to about his adventures
That's exactly what were asking. He could make a blog thread or a new forum thread, for each one, either way works (y)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sailabee

Dave Black

Gold
BOP Club
Bay of Plenty
Experience
Retired
Glad you mentioned that. The new place doesn't seem to have any 'structure'. How do you keep blog entries separate but together if you know what I mean?

ie. several posts under the one 'Musings' banner?

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
So essentially creating a new article is your "blog post" and the subsequent posts below it are the "comments".
We could prefix "blog:" with a short tag identifying it as one of yours if you wish to group them in such a way.

canterbury
Experience
Commercial
P.S dear @James please harness your creative spirit into a size 7 shoebox..
also I have around 3/4 ton of Manuka flavoured weed killer should you require any for sour pasture up there in your patch..
Will require some thinning with warm water before attempting to pass it through your spray rig.
I wonder how much you would have to blend it with to bring the LD down to a usable amount ..... I still have several tonnes of 'stock food honey' that could have a market if labelled "Manuka" .....

canterbury
Experience
Commercial
The ting is ..... my musings are usually relevant to what is happening in Bee world at the moment in time ...... so February Diary .....

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
Ah I see where the misunderstanding comes from now. The intention of the diary has always been a report of what is going on in your hives during the month.

Think of it as a bee hive logbook or a hive inspection report.

What is happening in bee world at the moment is definitely worth discussing, but as it's likely to change at the point in time, and probably will not need to be referenced by date, would definitely be different topics for each subject. That could either be in the blog if you want it to or in a subject forum.

Hopefully that helps (y)