JAmuses: Bellows

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Blog prefix for James
canterbury
Experience
Commercial
I took a day off today and spent some time in the Big Smoke. I don't do that very often as it generally involves spending money, but seeing as we have honey in the shed and I am optimistic of selling some of it, I thought I'd splash out on some new bellows.
Generally I quite like the Italian yellow rubberry ones. They have a very soft action and make lotsa smoke.
But recently, either they changed the formula of the rubber , or my flame has been too hot, because they have burnt and melted at the bottom.
So today I shelled out forty bucks and bought some leather ones made by Lega
They look and puff nice.
They also have tin along the bottom so that when you get a flashback from the smokin pot ..... they should'nt burn.

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
Whadya shift my post for ..... it's general beekeeping is'nt it ?
no, its Hives and Equipment and actually when it started it was just a photo so it should have been in the gallery.

Bron

Staff member
Gisborne
Experience
Commercial
You flash Harry! New bellows! We are current puffing superior bellows cos Daley had them posted to us and it woulda been rude not to use them! Himself always get the older one that has aged to superior puff! I’m working on the newer not so broken in version. By the time Dale gets back off maternity leave she’ll have to get new bellows! I do love my grand babies thou!

Reactions: Fieldbee (Mary)
canterbury
Experience
Commercial
You flash Harry! New bellows! We are current puffing superior bellows cos Daley had them posted to us and it woulda been rude not to use them! Himself always get the older one that has aged to superior puff! I’m working on the newer not so broken in version. By the time Dale gets back off maternity leave she’ll have to get new bellows! I do love my grand babies thou!
Yo ... bellows are an important part of yer kit if you like to be a Naked Beekeeper.
It really pee's me off to be puffin away and getting no puff, and on closer inspection , find a hole in the bellows and they are less than four months old.
Wot sort of bellows you got Bron ?

maungaturoto
Experience
Commercial
i've never used the plastic or rubber ones.
biggest issue is usually the nuts on the bellows come loose.

but sadly this season my smoker is rusting away from lack of use.
however on the bright side today we finished extraction today so i'm just a tad wasted 🍺🥂🍸

canterbury
Experience
Commercial

however on the bright side today we finished extraction today so i'm just a tad wasted 🍺🥂🍸
It's a nice feeling ... eh🍄

Bron

Staff member
Gisborne
Experience
Commercial

Have fun with that! I’m on budget wine!

Bron

Staff member
Gisborne
Experience
Commercial
Yo ... bellows are an important part of yer kit if you like to be a Naked Beekeeper.
It really pee's me off to be puffin away and getting no puff, and on closer inspection , find a hole in the bellows and they are less than four months old.
Wot sort of bellows you got Bron ?
The Daley bought us both Dadents! Bit stiff to start, but quite nice.