Bottling honey

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Coromandel
Experience
Semi Commercial
We’re having difficulty getting the perfect pour into our jars from our buckets.

Just wondering if you have any tips or can post links to good vids for some direction.

Thanks

Wilderland.org.nz

Taupo
Experience
Hobbyist
Yeah have to agree with Dave, my first season of harvesting, honey into 20L containers, sitting on a bench, open gate and into jar, no probs. Trev has a video on it too.

As an aside, I position the dogs bowl on the floor to catch the dribbles, and he loves it!

• Agree
Reactions: James
Central Otago
Experience
Hobbyist
While we are talking about honey and dogs, can I ask: I saw for sale this plastic covered sleeping mat for old/sick dogs, runs on low temp and electricity, and is flexible. I wondered if anyone uses these wrapped around a big honey bucket to warm their honey for bottling?

Dave Black

Gold
BOP Club
Bay of Plenty
Experience
Retired
No, but I have tried the beer brewing ones and they don't work without help. I use a 25w/40w bulb shut in an insulated dishwasher. The dog mats might work if you also contain them in an insulated box, but a light fitting is cheaper than a pet mat.

Just don't use energy-saving bulbs. :)

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
If you use the gallery media copy, it would take people to your gallery version so they can can comment directly on the video or rate it, rather than heading off to youtube