Cartels.

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
canterbury
Experience
Commercial
Anyone see that story on the news tonight about Cartels and price fixing .... and how you might end up doing time for seven years.

And I had a thought .... I wonder if there is an under cover operation in NZ fixing the price of honey ..... after all, there are only about four major buyers.

Reactions: frazzledfozzle
West Coast
Experience
Hobbyist
Anyone see that story on the news tonight about Cartels and price fixing .... and how you might end up doing time for seven years.

And I had a thought .... I wonder if there is an under cover operation in NZ fixing the price of honey ..... after all, there are only about four major buyers.
surely they would not be that stupid and how do you prove it

New Zealand
Experience
International
I am quite sure that none of the majors have any interest in working with each other at any significant, commercial level. There is also a clear divide between the majors of those that want longterm positive industry development at a global level and those with short term, fast result aspirations, regardless of the long-term impact on the industry. These two elements are poles apart in there views, products, marketing and ethical perspectives.