NZBF: Frame washing/cleaning

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Christchurch
Experience
Hobbyist
Was this inspired by the county calendar last night? I was surprised that they were setting up to do this to.

But maybe the big commercials, especially those with lots of plastic frames, see value in paying someone to efficiently and cost effectively do the job for them. The same thought crossed my mind when I watched that episode

Reactions: Waikato 4
Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial
Was this inspired by the county calendar last night? I was surprised that they were setting up to do this to.

But maybe the big commercials, especially those with lots of plastic frames, see value in paying someone to efficiently and cost effectively do the job for them. The same thought crossed my mind when I watched that episode
NZBeeswax do it in Hamilton, got to be only plastic frames and a minimum amount. Do a good job. I don't use them as I'm plastic with wood surrounds.

Auckland
Experience
Hobbyist
You can make your own small washing / cleaning unit using a wall paper steamer. Make up a top lid to cover one full size box with hole to suit the steamer, a bottom tray to catch wax and crud and clean one box of frames at a time!

Christchurch
Experience
Hobbyist
You can make your own small washing / cleaning unit using a wall paper steamer. Make up a top lid to cover one full size box with hole to suit the steamer, a bottom tray to catch wax and crud and clean one box of frames at a time!
Yup, they work well, with my ¾ boxes I can do two at a time though which is a little faster. Doesn’t make it “clean“ though. But certainly gets the wax out.