Franz Joseph

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Ashburton
Experience
Hobbyist
Hi guys.
I'm moving from Ashburton to Franz Joseph in a month or so and was wondering if there's any apiaries or beekeepers over there. I can only find one but I'm sure there's more.

Anybody know of more?

frazzledfozzle

Founder Member
Nelson/Tasman District
Experience
Commercial
Haha, nothing to be envious about. I won't have an income when I get there. At least we'll be mortgage free.
are you thinking of retiring or looking for work or… ?
i wouldnt have thought the work options were huge ?
you have got me all curious as to why you would move from ashvegas to Franz with no work .?
of course it’s none of my business but it is intriguing :)
i love the west coast it’s my favourite place in the whole world

Canterbury
Experience
Hobbyist
Hi guys.
I'm moving from Ashburton to Franz Joseph in a month or so and was wondering if there's any apiaries or beekeepers over there. I can only find one but I'm sure there's more.
I don't know any local beekeepers there, but talking to commercial beekeepers from Central Otago who move hives in that region. They say bees don't do well there in permanent apiaries.
I guess you will let us know if this is true.

Reactions: Grant

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
Closest I know would have been Roy, but he was just over the other side of Arthurs, so a little different. I'm sure like anything, its harder but not impossible.

North Canterbury
Experience
Commercial
Hunt down Willow , ask at any of the local shops.. they will point you in his direction he has plenty of experience running hives there.
We ran bees there for a few yrs was an awesome part of my life working there I really miss it a lot. Bees go really well once you work out the ebb and flows of the area.
Good luck

Reactions: Grant