"High-risk beekeeping operation"

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
Yep. I see that with the media links. I deliberately put up ones that show a bit of initiative and maybe an alternative method to selling product or telling a story and usually the end result is that the innovator gets shot down. Also tried using this platform as an online marketing tool for those that have no clue how to create a website, no interest at all.
I don't have much idea how to create a website, but this IT dummy using her beekeeping knowledge, and a web designer without beekeeping knowledge managed to liaise creating my website

It took me hundreds of hours but at minimal cost. It is definitely a winter job. Don't try it in the beekeeping season!

I am advertising my winter tutorials in queen cell production and beekeeping knowledge, and anything else that takes my fancy, on my website.

canterbury
Experience
Commercial
Oh there you are Maggie ..... I thought you might have retired as I had'nt seen you here for a while .....
Nice website..... what other Fancies were you thinking of advertising ?

Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
Anything to counteract high risk. Maybe a sniffer doggie to replace Honey Bunny cat who thought she was a tracker dog (went to heaven age 21 last year). Maybe a flash honey cake made with worthless clover honey. Maybe as a marketing manager for high class mead. Maybe as a superior freelance beekeeping journalist. Maybe as a fisher woman of trout/salmon smoked in manuka chip. Maybe as some sort of assessor in the industry. .... Just watch this space...Diversity rules

Not retiring. The international borders are closed! Just decelerating with whatever is easiest and not high risk!

Last edited:
Reactions: NickWallingford
West Coast
Experience
Hobbyist
As long as the price received meets cost of production we have no problem and each beekeeper have different costs and expectations but these need to be real,. The Manuka bubble has burst I am afraid

Last edited by a moderator:
canterbury
Experience
Commercial
As long as the price received meets cost of production we have no problem and each beekeeper have different costs and expectations but these need to be real,. The Manuka bubble has burst I am afraid
To quote a snippet in The 1970 edition of The Beekeeper put up by Nick Wallingford .....'Anyone who sells honey for a low price and a quick buck must be a congenitl idiot !'
Looks like not a lot has changed.

Thanks Nick.

• Agree
Reactions: southbee