Hive Hub Question

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
I moved an apiary to a new place on the same property. But back home on the computer cannot find a way to edit the coordinates, or the description how to find them.

I recall a way being explained once how to stand in the apiary with your smart phone with the Hive Hub app open and there was a way for it to read the new coordinates and you enter them. Can anyone explain that for me?

Also is there a manual for this thing?

Trevor Gillbanks

Founder Member
Palmerston North
Experience
Hobbyist
@Alastair

I decided to try my Hivehub app on my phone to see how difficult it is to register a site. (I have not previously needed to do this)

Open Hive hub. It open with a Map with you location (the little blue spot. (this is my home so I have an already registered site there) The green thingy.
Note at bottom right is an option for Offline mode. This will work if your GPS is switched on, even if you have no cell phone coverage.
Press the little blue circle.

New Apiary or Report page.
At bottom left is the Register Apiary or Report non Compliance.
Press Register Apiary

Fill out the page as required and when you are happy press Done at the top right.

Note: the app has already filled out the GPS coordinates.

I hope that helps.

To deregister a site. At the opening page, press the little Blue thingy and you will have the option for Deregistering a hive.

Last edited:

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
That's awesome Trevor, much thanks.

Pretty sure there is also a way to change the location of an existing apiary, if it is moved to a different place on the same property. Seem to recall seeing this explained once.

Anyhow, perhaps I'll just delete it and start again, it will give me a chance to try your instructions. Which I have copied and saved in my Hive Hub folder (y)

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Well rather than hassle with that would it not be faster to delete and re do the apiary

Wonder why it is not editable?