Job advertisement for a beekeeper, what we are looking for

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Don't normally share from Facebook but this post was pretty funny so here it is cut and pasted

Able to work fully unsupervised in a team of other beekeepers.
Young and fit and strong with minimum of 40 years experience.
Able to work on a salary of 40 hours per week but actually work 60 hours per week.
Experienced in off road driving in a company Datsun 120Y 2WD bee vehicle.
Must have own vehicle to use as company vehicle (Datsun 120y preferably). We will supply a 4L oil with each tank of gas.
Experienced in all aspects of marriage guidance counselling and willing to be "listening spokesperson" for all the teams personal problems each smoko time.
Willing to work without smoko.
Have an open mind of inclusivity for those worker bees who identify as a queen bee.
Be inclusive minded enough to share the same bathroom with those of other gender; we don't have room for bigots who want seperate manuka bushes to others.

Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
Able to work fully unsupervised in a team of other beekeepers.
Young and fit and strong with minimum of 40 years experience.
Able to work on a salary of 40 hours per week but actually work 60 hours per week.
Experienced in off road driving in a company Datsun 120Y 2WD bee vehicle.
Must have own vehicle to use as company vehicle (Datsun 120y preferably). We will supply a 4L oil with each tank of gas.
Experienced in all aspects of marriage guidance counselling and willing to be "listening spokesperson" for all the teams personal problems each smoko time.
Willing to work without smoko.
Have an open mind of inclusivity for those worker bees who identify as a queen bee.
Be inclusive minded enough to share the same bathroom with those of other gender; we don't have room for bigots who want seperate manuka bushes to others.
Love it. They have missed out the scones for a.m. smoko. Must be a Nth Is advert - no mention of gorse bushes or pinus radiata bathroom facilities

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist
Dare I say it but as a motorcycling north island back road collector I can assure you Maggie there's no shortage of either up there !

• Agree
Reactions: Alastair
Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
Dare I say it but as a motorcycling north island back road collector I can assure you Maggie there's no shortage of either up there !
Haha. We don't have much in the way of manuka in this neck of the woods, hence my comment. I don't think there are many datsuns around here either - no idea what one would look like.

Hawkes Bay
Experience
Commercial
My forklift has a Datsun motor . Only working 60 hours a week and being paid for 40 of them sounds pretty good to me but what would I do with all my spare time.

• Haha
Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
My forklift has a Datsun motor . Only working 60 hours a week and being paid for 40 of them sounds pretty good to me but what would I do with all my spare time.
Crikey John - Betta be careful. Hours not a prob, sound cruisy & a datsun forklift. U might get a job offer.

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
They were solid. I had a datsun 120y, and when I took a good look at it I could see the engine block was identical to the old Austin A40 I used to have.

So, did some investigating, and found out that after WW2 the Americans were trying to rebuild Japan, and wanted the country strong as a bulwalk against what they percieved to be expansionist communism from nearby China. So they encouraged industry as much as they could.

Under this, Datsun Nissan applied to Austin of England for permission to use their engine blueprint of the Austin A40, it was granted, and the Japanese started producing them under their own brand. Innovation continued and my 120y had a sooped up carburetter compared to the A 40, a more freeflow manifold, and some other bells and whistles. But the block remained the same for many years. Not just in 120y's, but in later Nissans also.

It was a tried and true engine that stood the test of time for many years.

Christchurch
Experience
Beginner
so does our cheap Chinese one. a lot of those old motors are still made under license in china.
I'm pretty sure the kia also used some. . They sure do get around. I still mourn my 72 datsun fairlady 2litre. 5 speed gear box, a/c and fuel injection. It would corner like it was on rails.