Oha results

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

frazzledfozzle

Founder Member
Nelson/Tasman District
Experience
Commercial
Interesting about the potential of ngai Tahu taking over DOC leases I would be nervous if I was holding any apiaries on DOC land.

Of course they have made a loss again anyone who either has hives in Oha locations or knows beekeepers bordering Oha sites will know why.

canterbury
Experience
Commercial
I love the political speak.
The ship has a big leak and is sinking, but the captain is saying, no reason to panic.

Sooo.... anyone in the industry want to put a hand up and post a 14.5% profit.... or even a break even?
After three years of losses, this year we almost broke even, after selling three years of honey ......

frazzledfozzle

Founder Member
Nelson/Tasman District
Experience
Commercial
I love the political speak.
The ship has a big leak and is sinking, but the captain is saying, no reason to panic.

Sooo.... anyone in the industry want to put a hand up and post a 14.5% profit.... or even a break even?
After three years of losses, this year we almost broke even, after selling three years of honey ......

we still have two seasons of honey unsold and going into our third.
We could sell it at $4kg but would rather tip it into a hole than do that.

just hoping to hang on till things come right ……..

canterbury
Experience
Commercial
I know the sentiment .
$4.00 is $4.00 in the bank.
The hole is an empty pit.

We sold three years crop at $4.90.
I could have held onto it until this year when things are looking up and contracts being waved for light clover at $6.30 [I think] .....
But then the bees would dead as I could'nt afford to buy sugar this spring .....

I am happy I took the lower price.