Package Feeder Tin Question

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
I bought in a load of plastic packages from China as per the photo. But instead of the normal feeder tins with a removable lid, these tins are sealed both ends. IE, there is no lid.

Is there some special way to load these tins, or is this a mistake by the vendor?

Attachments

• Chinese Package.jpg
    Chinese Package.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: smartfartsmella

southbee

Gold
Southland
Experience
Commercial
I bought in a load of plastic packages from China as per the photo. But instead of the normal feeder tins with a removable lid, these tins are sealed both ends. IE, there is no lid.

Is there some special way to load these tins, or is this a mistake by the vendor?
I think it'd be a bit of a reverse Houdini trick to get something in a sealed tin, maybe just use golden syrup tins instead?

Reactions: smartfartsmella

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Yes, think I'll have to try to source some local tins with lids, that fit. Not sure how common those are.

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
LOL, I chopped one to make a correctly sized funnel for the shaker, they are quite empty.

Good thought though :)

Wellington
Experience
Hobbyist

What do you [intend to] use it for ? .. [just curious]