Selling propolis

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Does anyone know where beekeepers can sell propolis?
I have collected around 11kg over the past couple of years and couldn't find any buyers.
I tried calling Manuka Health,Arataki,Propolis NZ but no one seems to be interested.
If you know someone please recommend. Thank you!

Last edited:
Te Horo
Experience
Hobbyist
Hi, I think I have seen on here before that those places are buying the cheap propolis from overseas, and hocking it off as a kiwi product.
Then again I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick, so if any others disagree, then so be it.

• Wow
Reactions: Nedeljko
Hawkes Bay
Experience
Commercial
I know for a fact that Arataki is not one of the companies importing cheap propolis from overseas. I'm not sure about the other two mentioned but there is no doubt that the importation of propolis from overseas is what has ruined the market for it in New Zealand.
It is also a huge European foul brood risk. I don't care what safety protocols MPI have in place (if they have any) for the importation of propolis and Royal jelly for that matter. I have studied European foul brood a fair bit over the years and I believe that one bee collecting one tiny bit of spilled propolis would be very likely to cause an outbreak in New Zealand and EFB would spread like chalk brood did in New Zealand. The chances of stopping it would be zero.
I have lots of propolis to sell but cannot find a buyer.

Brasilia-DF
Experience
International
Hello everyone!
I'm a beekeeper from Brazil and producer of type 1, green propolis which is unique from our bioma. Our green propolis come from specific plant "alecrim do campo" (Bacharis dracunculifolia) only found in the "cerrado" environment, unique to a large strip of land emcompassing 4 large states of Brazil.
I never sell my production cheaply or else, and I prefer to agregate value to it and sell at a better price.
Surely, the propolis produced over there has its value.

Reactions: Rob's BP
maungaturoto
Experience
Commercial
I never sell my production cheaply or else, and I prefer to agregate value to it and sell at a better price.
Surely, the propolis produced over there has its value.
certainly.
the problem is cheap imports means many don't want to buy it, plus with decline in honey price everyone started collecting propolis so there is far more supply than demand.

Waikawa Beach
Experience
Non Beekeeper
Does anyone know where beekeepers can sell propolis?
I have collected around 11kg over the past couple of years and couldn't find any buyers.
I tried calling Manuka Health,Arataki,Propolis NZ but no one seems to be interested.
If you know someone please recommend. Thank you!
Hi there, Are you still selling propolis? I am new and interested in learning more about New Zealand propolis. And do you know about the company Propolis New Zealand? Many thanks.