Update from Croatia

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Croatia
Experience
International
After catastrophic drought.. came rain.. too late.. I am in process of last extraction/late q rearing/preparing for anti varroa and winter preps.. A lot of plants got scorched, even I am in worry that hazels won't develop proper nut..
My experience with illegal beek.. still has no end. Imagine, I have all registered, from land, hazels to bees and for over a decade and someone who even isn't ever registered and bees also has been protected more than me... He is still on some 100m from my apiary and still has " deadline" pending to remove bees.. As inspector recorded all at my apiary is legit and proper, at his he even hadn't water source and his bees I presume use mine in such drought.. I will get some disease almost worth a bet. With first AFB or similar I will burn all and won't look back.. To be merrier.. there is some change in " rule policy" which once what was clear can be interpreted two ways.. which give him possibility if interpreted in his favor he can place bees on 200m from my hives which he announce to do. I said but HOW, HE ISN'T REGISTERED ANYWHERE YET AND HIS BEES.. Of course You know who will Ministry of agriculture favor - illegal.. Total madness.. So, You get away from fools and they find You and destroy You under protection of government.. So, not if, when disease come I will terminate my beekeeping cause I really really feel as a criminal.. In addition I think to cut down all trees for bees I planted over a decade on my land.. No good..

Marlborough
Experience
Semi Commercial
After catastrophic drought.. came rain.. too late.. I am in process of last extraction/late q rearing/preparing for anti varroa and winter preps.. A lot of plants got scorched, even I am in worry that hazels won't develop proper nut..
My experience with illegal beek.. still has no end. Imagine, I have all registered, from land, hazels to bees and for over a decade and someone who even isn't ever registered and bees also has been protected more than me... He is still on some 100m from my apiary and still has " deadline" pending to remove bees.. As inspector recorded all at my apiary is legit and proper, at his he even hadn't water source and his bees I presume use mine in such drought.. I will get some disease almost worth a bet. With first AFB or similar I will burn all and won't look back.. To be merrier.. there is some change in " rule policy" which once what was clear can be interpreted two ways.. which give him possibility if interpreted in his favor he can place bees on 200m from my hives which he announce to do. I said but HOW, HE ISN'T REGISTERED ANYWHERE YET AND HIS BEES.. Of course You know who will Ministry of agriculture favor - illegal.. Total madness.. So, You get away from fools and they find You and destroy You under protection of government.. So, not if, when disease come I will terminate my beekeeping cause I really really feel as a criminal.. In addition I think to cut down all trees for bees I planted over a decade on my land.. No good..
Gee iam little lost for words reading this. Bee strong and let us all know what happens.

kaihoka

Gold
whanganui inlet
Experience
Hobbyist
My experience with illegal beek.. still has no end. Ichmagine, I have all registered, from land, hazels to bees and for over a decade and someone who even isn't ever registered and bees also has been protected more than me... He is still on some 100m from my apiary and still has " deadline" pending to remove bees.. As inspector recorded all at my apiary is legit and proper, at his he even hadn't water source and his bees I presume use mine in such drought.. I will get some disease almost worth a bet. With first AFB or similar I will burn all and won't look back.. To be merrier.. there is some change in " rule policy" which once what was clear can be interpreted two ways.. which give him possibility if interpreted in his favor he can place bees on 200m from my hives which he announce to do. I said but HOW, HE ISN'T REGISTERED ANYWHERE YET AND HIS BEES.. Of course You know who will Ministry of agriculture favor - illegal.. Total madness.. So, You get away from fools and they find You and destroy You under protection of government.. So, not if, when disease come I will terminate my beekeeping cause I really really feel as a criminal.. In addition I think to cut down all trees for bees I planted over a decade on my land.. No good..
do you have local level corruption in your country which could explain his behavior ?

Croatia
Experience
International
In this
do you have local level corruption in your country which could explain his behavior ?
First, at the moment the illegal apiary is still some 100-110m away and still removing pending ( " soon" should be removed).
Second, as the illegal beek proclaimed he will put again bees on 200m.. BRAVO ( all should clap and cheer in shiny display how to destroy in a short time what someone work hard to create over decade)..
It is more in awkward change of some previous rules of policies. It was before clear - distance between stationary apiaries 500m. Now they change it if any apiary has less ( new one to be formed also) that 31 colonies may be to 200m to next apiary.. So in theory he can put " a ring of apiaries on 200m from my apiaries".. Bees are not cows, You cannot tie their " horns" so they don't fly over and mix with nearby colonies. This change isn't written by someone who understand veterinary and bees ( diseases, forage potential, etc..), or is written who knows a lot of bees but has his some own personal reasons to did so.. First of all diseases/robbing, then area forage potential isn't that great - I myself placed my second apiary from this on 500m - WHAT, AM I RETARD TO DID SO. Now some wise guy came and show us how to do it. My eyes are opened now, I lived life of stupid till now..

• Thanks
Reactions: kaihoka