Historic: Additional NZ Bkpr magazines added to NZBDA...

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NickWallingford

BOP Club
Tauranga
Experience
Retired
I've had a pretty successful run with a lot more 'automation' through the use of various image manipulation scripting and various file handling...

*Anyway* I now have filled in the 2006-2013 NZBkpr magazines in the NZ Beekeeping Digital Archive.

My plan is to finish it off to the end of 2016, the 'end' of the NBA as it was assimilated into ApiNZ...

Enjoy...

Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
I've had a pretty successful run with a lot more 'automation' through the use of various image manipulation scripting and various file handling...

*Anyway* I now have filled in the 2006-2013 NZBkpr magazines in the NZ Beekeeping Digital Archive.

My plan is to finish it off to the end of 2016, the 'end' of the NBA as it was assimilated into ApiNZ...

Enjoy...
Thanks Nick. Noted

Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial
Nick, here's a tough one for you; Trevor Bryant wrote an article about the difference between on-demand slow-release sugar feeding in kiwifruit pollination and every couple of days feeding. Can't remember when it was in beekeeper but would have been around 1998-2000ish, is there a way of finding that article, please, I think Mark G would have been involved perhaps or Murry Reid as well. Thanks

Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial
Thanks Nick, not the one I was thinking off, maybe it was printed after yr 2000. But nice to re-read some articles n adds for businesses for sale, two of which I asked about at the time but unable to come to an agreement

Hawkes Bay
Experience
Commercial
That was a little note I wrote for the April edition. Unfortunately not everybody understands my sense of humour and I did get a couple of enquiries from overseas about how it worked. I can't help wondering though with the new neodymium magnets whether it wouldn't work quite well and I am genuinely planning to do a few trials this year.

NickWallingford

BOP Club
Tauranga
Experience
Retired
That's it, thank you very much.
And thanks to John Berry's clever queen marking idea, I'm off to the sheet metal shop for a 'long weight' so ill get some metal disks while I'm there.
Fixing small metal discs to the thorax of honeybees was used back in the 1970s for researching aspects of foraging behaviour:

Reactions: John B
Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial
Yes it’s interesting now how tech is going and how small it’s going. If u could detect a queens egg laying rate , like a Fitbit for the queen, without opening hive u could order raise replacement queens n also keep check of stock u payed for. I want a bee that will fly it’s own hive into n out of pollination when I click on a button.
Do we still it ‘a Queen’ now she’s dead. Or go back to the 1800s n call it a ‘King’