I do remember your oxalic trials @Alastair . If I recall, you had issues with them being too wet and essentially dripping? ie they weren't dried before use.
The only trials I reported on to the forum was using Phils staples, I supplied those details as I was hoping to get a useful response from Phil. As you know, Phils staples arrive pre soaked in a bucket. Most of them are drained and dried but the ones on the bottom are wet, and I used them wet. This was pounced on as the reason for the failures but it was not acknowledged that 80% of the Phils Staples I used were bone dry and every bit as problematic.
I am on record with others, saying when I come to try OA and strips then I'm going to follow @Otto 's protocol. You should be able to find his file in the Document section and I have passed his details on to a number of beekeepers.
Yes a very useful document and also linked in this forum. I have treated hundreds of hives using his exact protocol.
I will also say that I have inspected hundreds if not thousands of hives both hobby and commercial that had oxalic strips in use, and I don't think I have ever seen even one apiary using them that did not have the classic symptoms of damage by oxalic acid strips. Although there were certainly individual hives looking good.
I'm not going to say that such an apiary does not exist, I am constantly being told on the internet that they do. Just saying I've never seen one.
People are much more ready to report of success than they are of failure.