NZBF: Tagging along to do some beekeeping

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Palmerston North
Experience
Wannabee
Hi,

I am thinking about getting my own bees. I am living in Foxton and was hoping to tag along with a local beekeeper for a day or two so I can get a taste of beekeeping. Does anyone know of a beekeeper in the Foxton or Palmerston North area who might be willing to let me help them out with a few things?

Thanks.

tommy dave

Gold
BOP Club
mostly wellington, sometimes dunedin
Experience
Hobbyist
Hi,

I am thinking about getting my own bees. I am living in Foxton and was hoping to tag along with a local beekeeper for a day or two so I can get a taste of beekeeping. Does anyone know of a beekeeper in the Foxton or Palmerston North area who might be willing to let me help them out with a few things?

Thanks.
Wonder if it's worth calling waireka honey (the yellow shop on state highway one) and see if they have any local suggestions?

Te Horo
Experience
Hobbyist
Thats an awesome idea Andy, I hope they come through for you, if not try the bee clubs.

I have six hives, and have put it out to Veterans that want to come and chill with our girls, then they are welcome, as we all know they are a fascinating insect.

Good luck with the future

Palmerston North
Experience
Wannabee
T
Thats an awesome idea Andy, I hope they come through for you, if not try the bee clubs.

I have six hives, and have put it out to Veterans that want to come and chill with our girls, then they are welcome, as we all know they are a fascinating insect.

Good luck with the future
Thanks NZDan.