To much honey

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Te Horo
Experience
Hobbyist
It looks like I am going to have more honey than I require for friends and family, I have someone that will buy what I don't want to keep/use.

I have had a look at the MPI site, and what a load of gobildy gook to get through.

Can someone tell me in plain English what I have to legally do to extract honey in my own kitchen or in a community hall kitchen, to on sell to someone that will blend the honey and sell it in their shop. Obviously it will be Tutin and AFB tested at my cost beforehand.

Do I have to have a food Handlers Certificate etc

Reactions: dacahill

Dansar

Founder Member
BOP Club
Putaruru
Experience
Commercial
It looks like I am going to have more honey than I require for friends and family, I have someone that will buy what I don't want to keep/use.

I have had a look at the MPI site, and what a load of gobildy gook to get through.

Can someone tell me in plain English what I have to legally do to extract honey in my own kitchen or in a community hall kitchen, to on sell to someone that will blend the honey and sell it in their shop. Obviously it will be Tutin and AFB tested at my cost beforehand.

Minimum - NP1 certification for you to extract and package to sell.

tudorcd

Founder Member
Gold
Otago Peninsula
Experience
Hobbyist

Contact your local council and they will make clear what you need to do. it is much simpler than it used to be.

Reactions: CHCHPaul and NZDan