Whats Flowering Today

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
North Canterbury
Experience
Commercial
Weeping willow pussy willow and the odd early crack willow coming on.. wattle still holding on I see the odd broom flowering and of course the gorse of course of course.. plum and black boy peach had bees on the first blossom today.. she’s all go round the sites at the mo.. ye ha

mischief

Gold
Putaruru
Experience
Hobbyist
My Avocado tree and Apple just started getting worked on. has anyone else noticed that it takes bees around a week to take notice from the first flower?

southbee

Gold
Southland
Experience
Commercial
It depends on the type of flower, some they work straight away and others have to be nearly spent for the bees to like them. I think Rata would fall in the first category and Kowhai in the second. No idea about avocados, we can't grow them down here and apples the bees will work, but not their first choice....
My Avocado tree and Apple just started getting worked on. has anyone else noticed that it takes bees around a week to take notice from the first flower?

Christchurch
Experience
Hobbyist
What we notice most of all in our garden is the alternating agendas of bee & bumbles. The bumbles often hit the flower first, then stop, then the bees get into it

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist
That's all the things are good for. I have semi permanent infestations of hawthorn prickles in my hands and knees...plurry stuff.

Dansar

Founder Member
BOP Club
Putaruru
Experience
Commercial
Barberry.
I’ve got hives out rural Hamilton and they are filling up faster than I have ever seen. The ones that haven’t swarmed🤣🐝 now have a second honey super on and have had a split taken with the old queen and a cell left behind just to try and keep them out of the trees.
Privet isn’t far off flowering too.

Reactions: CHCHPaul