Whats Flowering Today

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Hawkes Bay
Experience
Commercial
The bees were thrashing the putaputaweta today which is something I've never really noticed before. Also saw the first fern bird I've seen for a long time.

Reactions: kaihoka
West Coast
Experience
Hobbyist
lotus and koromiko flowering in the valley but no rata yet. Cats ear going to town and blackberries still going for it .I think it is all over. I saw white rata flowering on the Coast Road at the weekend. Normally that is the last flower in the summer. Once i see red rata vine flowering I guess it is all over.

Hawkes Bay
Experience
Commercial
My mahoe had a second flowering this autumn and the akakiore /New Zealand Jasmine is having a major re-flowering at the moment. This plant yields a lot of nectar in late spring but hasn't stopped the bees robbing at the moment.

Mid Canterbury
Experience
Semi Commercial
That looks like a nice mixed pasture, should be good for the bees, maybe just try a few. I'm sure the red clover would grow in Canterbury too, it's not that special I thought?
Hi Southbee - I have never seen crimson clover. Last season there was a lot of red clover grown around here. Red clover has a more tubular shaped flower to that of white, and around here the bumble bee with a longer proboscis is the primary pollinator. However if there is a heavy nectar and pollen flow the honey bee will work it, and when I have seen this happen it has been in drought conditions.