Requesting a COI through Hivehub

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bron

Staff member
Gisborne
Experience
Commercial
I’ve just been on hive hub properly for the first time. No candidate no., we have three and I’ve just found the apiary map for our hives, omg! I’ve got hives all over in places I’ve never been! I’ve thrown it in the f bucket until I’ve got time to deal with it…

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist
Well I still don't know my username.....took about 5 attempts to get a new password......it says my DECA is commercial. I must be more special than I thought if that's actually possible

• Haha
Reactions: Bron

NickWallingford

BOP Club
Tauranga
Experience
Retired
Yes, there is. But it can only be done from a PC. Cell phone and tablets do not have that facility.
Which I think is wrong. I would like to be able to action the forms as I complete each apiary.
I'm sorry, @Trevor Gillbanks . I misunderstood your need. Though I was involved in early programme design, I'm still learning the current application. @Mark Lawrence is a better source of information than me...

Trevor Gillbanks

Founder Member
Palmerston North
Experience
Hobbyist
Trevor's candidate number !!! :ROFLMAO:
@yesbut. I am laughing too - but he should be able to see it on his homepage in Hivehub😎
Pity about the condescending comments, but I expect no less. so all good.

I do know my candidate number and my COI clients have that.

I cannot find anywhere on the Hive Hub app (on my phone or Tablet) how to access COI's.
So if either of you two can point me in the right direction, then I would appreciate it.

I certainly don't need belittling comments.

Trevor Gillbanks

Founder Member
Palmerston North
Experience
Hobbyist
I'm sorry, @Trevor Gillbanks . I misunderstood your need. Though I was involved in early programme design, I'm still learning the current application. @Mark Lawrence is a better source of information than me...
Thanks @NickWallingford, I can access everything on my PC, but if I spend a day doing COI's for 3 or 4 different beekeepers and 6 to 10 sites, then how am I supposed to remember each separate apiary, when I will have to complete my paperwork (Online) for each beekeeper and apiary. I don't know of any beekeepers who carry a PC with them in their bee truck.

Maybe I am getting grumpy.

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist
Thanks @NickWallingford, I can access everything on my PC, but if I spend a day doing COI's for 3 or 4 different beekeepers and 6 to 10 sites, then how am I supposed to remember each separate apiary, when I will have to complete my paperwork (Online) for each beekeeper and apiary. I don't know of any beekeepers who carry a PC with them in their bee truck.

Maybe I am getting grumpy.
Easy ! in a word.......iPad :cool:

Mark Lawrence

Founder Member
Christchurch
Experience
Breeder
Hi All,
I am assuming (could be wrong) that you are using the Hivehub App on your smartphone Trevor.

There are 2 ways to access Hivehub on a smartphone when in the field:
- through the Hivehub App
- or, through the Hivehub web portal (same as using Hivehub on a PC through a browser).

You need to choose the correct access method depending on what you want to do.

The App can use local smartphone functions (i.e. GPS location) - so is useful for registering a new apiary or reporting non-compliance.

The web portal provides full Hivehub access but cannot support GPS location functions. With the portal you are simply accessing a website through a browser. In

As long as the beekeeper has requested a COI through Hivehub you can signoff the report through the Hivehub web portal.

@Trevor Gillbanks. If the beekeeper has not requested the COI through Hivehub then they need to print off the COI paperwork and send to the agency after you have completed the inspection and signed the paperwork.
Also, as long as you have cellular coverage your smartphone is a PC. Just use the web portal through a browser - hivehub.afb.org.nz

Hope this helps.

• Good Info
Reactions: tommy dave
Canterbury
Experience
Hobbyist
I’ve just been on hive hub properly for the first time. No candidate no., we have three and I’ve just found the apiary map for our hives, omg! I’ve got hives all over in places I’ve never been! I’ve thrown it in the f bucket until I’ve got time to deal with it…
Bron you can see all the candidate numbers associated with your registration code by clicking on the "My employees" Tab.

If your GPS coordinates are wrong, you need to send a request to Apiaries@afb.org.nz listing the MAF ID numbers of your apiaries that need to be released for you to edit their GPS location, they will make these apiaries GPS editable for your to change them.

• Good Info
Reactions: tommy dave

Dansar

Founder Member
BOP Club
Putaruru
Experience
Commercial
@Alastair

Do you think there will be a large amount of COI missed this season due to older (and possibly not old) hobby beekeepers not requesting an inspection as they haven’t received anything paperwork in their mail?
There are a large number in the 65+ Age group that still struggle with or don’t have access/understand the use of internet. Some don’t have a PC, tablet or even a smartphone.
Would they have the presence of mind to call the agency to find out why they didn’t get the COI letter in the mail?
There’s potential for a cock up right there.

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Dan Due to lockdown I have not been able to get out there and find out just what people are getting in the mail and I don't fully understand the system yet.

But yes, your prediction may come true. To many folks the old system of getting a piece of paper in the mail that they have to get signed off and return, was understandable.

All new sytems in any endevour take a while to be fully understood and accepted. In the end, the new system will probably be more efficient. The big plus with the new system is the front page on HiveHub, where a person can see at a glance if there are any actions they need to undertake, where with the old system it was very hard for many people to know if they were supposed to do anything at a particular time. A lot of non compliance prior to HiveHub was not intentional, just people didn't know what to do. Hopefully that will be largely solved now, or after a settling in period.

Reactions: Mark Lawrence

Bron

Staff member
Gisborne
Experience
Commercial
Bron you can see all the candidate numbers associated with your registration code by clicking on the "My employees" Tab.

If your GPS coordinates are wrong, you need to send a request to Apiaries@afb.org.nz listing the MAF ID numbers of your apiaries that need to be released for you to edit their GPS location, they will make these apiaries GPS editable for your to change them.

Thank you for that @Bee Real, my alternative was much more time consuming.